Crispy Skillet Turkey Burgers

I've been cooking so much lately, I haven't had time to blog! Actually, its not the cooking keeping me busy, its t-ball and baseball and work and just trying to keep my kitchen clean.... and well, you get the idea. Spring means baseball, and summer means heading to the neighborhood pool and more baseball.  3-4 nights a week we are on the go, so more than ever I need fast and make-ahead foods.

I get sick of burgers and hot dogs pretty quickly, so I found a recipe to change it up a little bit.  These Crispy Skillet Turkey Burgers are intended for the skillet (hence the name), rather than the grill, but are the perfect summer dish- light, fresh and crispy. I found this in my trusty Cook's Country magazine. You'll want to make some Quickles to garnish too! 

Crispy Skillet Turkey Burgers

1 pound ground turkey (about 93% lean)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup mayonnaise 
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 hamburger buns
Quickles (see above)

  1. Combine turkey, panko, Monterey Jack, mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in bowl. Using your hands pat the turkey mixture into four 3/4" thick patties, about 4" in diameter. Season patties with salt and pepper. 
  2. Heat oil in the 12-in skillet (I use an electric skillet- one of my favorite kitchen appliances). Add patties and cook until well browned and meat registers 160 degrees, about 5 minutes per side. 
  3. Place burgers on bun with pickles and serve.  



Comments