Hello Hummus

For those who love hummus, I think it's safe to say that we all have our favorite. Traditional; roasted red pepper; sun-dried tomato, etc.  Personally, I love traditional with extra garlic.  I eat A LOT of hummus so making it at home saves me money And I always have it on hand. 

This recipe happens to be a traditional hummus and it's special because it comes from my mother.  She has made this classic dish for as long as I can remember.  I recall being in the kitchen with her, helping measure the ingredients and taste testing to find the perfect balance (she and my sister love extra garlic too). Whether its dipping Syrian bread in a freshly made bowl, or the love and care she puts into each batch, her hummus is the best.  And I'm happy to pass the recipe on.

From Linda's cookbook...

HUMMUS

1 15 oz can chickpeas 
1/3 cup tahini 
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice 
1-4 garlic cloves
Dash of salt

Drain chickpeas and reserve liquid.
Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt to blender or food processor.
Process until smooth, thick paste is reached.  
Add reserved liquid one tablespoon at a time (I use 1/4 cup + 1 T) until desired consistency.

Optional garnishes include olive oil, paprika, parsley, chickpeas, toasted pine nuts.

Hummus with olive oil and paprika





Comments

  1. this sounds pretty easy, and yummy! i've never made hummus before but i can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS easy and very yummy! Let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment