Meatless Meatballs?

I prefer my meatballs with ..... well, meat. Actually, I'm proud of my perfected meatball recipe (coming in a later post).  The trick to "meatless" is to NOT call them meatballs. Perhaps just _____balls (insert the most abundant ingredient).  Misha told me about these Vegan Quinoa Meatballs from Cooking Quinoa, and I have to admit, I'm intrigued. I intend to make them very soon.  However, when my son asks, "what's for dinner?", my response will be something like "spaghetti and quinoa croquettes".  The exotic term should match the unfamiliar flavors, rather than misleading diners to think meat is involved. While it is, by definition, not a croquette, it sounds better than quinoa balls. 


Assembly of Quinoa Meatballs
Quinoa Meatballs made with red quinoa

Perfect little bite

Comments