The Perfect Cookie. No, seriously.

I love to bake.  Cakes, cheesecake, muffins, quick breads, yeast breads, etc. However, I have consistently struggled to find a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe that produces cookies that look and feel (texture) as good as they taste. Leave it to my mom to introduce me to the perfect cookie recipe. Called "I Want to Marry You Cookies" they are supposed to garner marriage proposals. Had I baked these for Jason a few weeks into our relationship, that might have been true! 

This is a recipe I hesitate to share. But, my need to share overwhelms my desire to keep this little secret of a perfect cookie. 

The preparation is unorthodox and since I don't understand the science behind it, I won't begin to explain. Regardless, they are easy, beautiful, and delicious. Here is a link to the original recipe from The Cooking Channel - only one modification - recipe yields 36 cookies, not 24 - woo hoo! 



After feeding these to a coworker this week, she mentioned that she almost expected to bite into a piece of fruit.....so, next time, I'm throwing in some dried cherries. I'll let you know how that goes.

Comments

Post a Comment