Apple Dip

I always have organic apples handy (thanks, Meijer) for snacks, to toss in our smoothies, and to make homemade applesauce.  I wanted to try my hand at making a dip or spread that would be versatile enough to have with breakfast, but would also work for entertaining.  I've made jam using different berries (homemade strawberry chia jam is one of my faves), but it's not the right consistency for actual dipping. I then found and tried an apple jam that met all of my requirements AND it was healthy!

This apple dip smells like baked cinnamon apples. It is smooth in texture with a warm, spiced taste. My two year old twins eat it with a spoon (actually their fingers) or with sliced fruit.  My favorite is swirling it in my oatmeal.  

Adapted from Apple Spiced Refrigerator Jam:

Apple Dip

2 medium to large apples, cored (approximately 3 cups)
1 T chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
1 Tbsp maple syrup

Place cut up apple in a high powdered blender or food processor and process until almost an applesauce consistency.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until incorporated.
Place dip in a sealed container and keep refrigerated. 

Yield: Approximately 8-12oz

Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.  Dip is freezer friendly too!


.  






Comments