Granola Bites

We are always snacking in our house.  Whether it's the after-lunch/before- dinner munchies, on-the-go "road food", or a late night treat, we all love snacks.  But what I don't love is all the unhealthy choices available.  I try to have nutritious snacks in our kitchen so when we're hungry or on the run, we can reach for something wholesome.  Aside from our usual go-to's such as fruit, whole grains (cereal, rice cakes), raw veggies/dip, and smoothies, I enjoy making homemade snacks.  One of my favorite's is granola bars. There are a lot of variations out there, and I've tried many.  But this recipe is by far MY personal fave and I wanted to share it with you.  


When I first saw this recipe, it caught my attention because the ingredient list wasn't overwhelming and I had all the items on hand.  These granola bites are an awesome combination of textures - chewy from the raisins and oats, lightly sweetened from the applesauce and maple syrup, and crunchy from the hemp seeds (my ingredient choice).  If you're unfamiliar with hemp seeds, I highly recommend checking them out.  I used roasted hemp seeds in this recipe and they lend a crispy, nutty flavor with an added source of protein and fiber. 


The best part?  The addition of chocolate chips.  A definite must in this recipe, I used these mini chocolate chips.  I'm warning you now.... the batter is so tasty that I recommend scooping them fast and getting them in the oven!

The recipe from Dreena Burton's Plant-Powered Kitchen.  

Grab it HERE! 








Comments