Pesto Ravioli with Chicken

I would love to cook from scratch everyday for my family. But that is just not realistic.  I have to rely on some pre-packaged foods to get dinner on the table. In this recipe I use packaged ravioli because, frankly, I don't have time to make fresh ravioli. Do you? The pesto I could have/should have made, but purchased instead. 

This was done in less than 30 minutes, contains two veggies, protein, a ton of flavor, and was done all in one pot!! It was only slightly modified from Betty Crocker's Best Loved Recipes.

Pesto Ravioli with Chicken

Ingredients
1- 2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. chicken tenders
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 - 10 oz. package refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli *
2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4" rounds
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pesto (or more)
Grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until slightly browned, about 5 minutes, and remove from skillet.

Add broth and ravioli to same skillet. Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until ravioli is tender. Stir in zucchini, bell pepper and chicken. Cook over medium high heat about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until veggies are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through.

If a lot of cooking liquid remains in the skillet, use a turkey baster to remove most of it. Then toss with pesto and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.


*I used Buitoni, but after I bought it and looked more closely at the ingredient list I was disappointed. Next time I'm going for Pasta Prima - they make a gluten free 5-cheese, and spinach and cheese, which would also be really good in this recipe. They also have a store locator, to see where products are sold near you.

Comments