Awesome Coconut Cake

I tear out recipes from magazines and newspapers, or print them from sites like Epicurious or Better Homes & Gardens, I also pin them on my cooking board on Pinterest. Sometimes they sit for months, or in this case, years, before I actually get around to trying a new recipe. 

And so it goes with this Classic Coconut Cake.  I tore the recipe out of Bon Appetit Magazine in March 2011.  Its been sitting in my "Baking Binder" just waiting to be called upon. Last Sunday I was in a mood to bake.  I had a hankering for cake and I wanted to try something new.  So here we are...




I made this cake for our family (and took some to work to share) and we fell in love!! So I made it again a week later for a friend's birthday.  I got this message on Facebook the next day:
"Still dreaming about your amazing coconut cake!!"

I can't explain why exactly its so delicious, except that its a nice change from the usual yellow or chocolate cake. This dessert cake had a dense texture, not too sweet, and although it has a lot of coconut in it, the flavor is mild.  I promise, you won't regret making it!

The recipe needed NO tweaking.  In fact I was impressed with how perfect it turned out both times. The hardest part is finding room in your fridge - it will need to be refrigerated due to the cream cheese in the frosting.  

Just follow the link! Awesome Coconut Cake 

Comments