Overnight Refrigerator Oats!

Do you want a 10 minute recipe for a yummy breakfast?
How about a recipe that has only 5 ingredients?
No baking or cooking required?

Overnight Refrigerator Oats 
My toddlers' bowls - made by them!
This recipe is my go-to breakfast on our super early days and the "I don't know what we're having for breakfast" days.  I make it the night before, usually after we finish supper.  And my 4 year old twins love to help!  I like using the pictured Corningware 20 oz mug because it has a lid, it's sturdy, and it's convenient for on-the-go.  Mason jars work great as well.

These oats are chewy, slightly sweet, and perfectly filling. 

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.


Overnight Refrigerator Oats

1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free option)
2 teaspoons chia seeds
1/4 cup raisins, or chopped dates
Shake(s) of cinnamon
1.5 cups water or milk

Add oats, chia seeds, raisins, cinnamon, and water to bowl.  Stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Serve cold (out of the refrigerator) or warmed in the microwave for a minute.  

Optional toppings include dash of cinnamon, splash of milk, 
drizzle of maple syrup, fresh fruit, sprinkle of nuts

Makes 1 serving 

Comments

  1. Wow ... I am going to give this a try ... sounds yummy to me !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try 'em, Aunt Cindy! Let us know what you think!!

      Delete

Post a Comment