No-Bake Energy Bites

No-Bake Energy Bites are great solution to all my family's snacking needs! 

.... I recently had a late dinner planned and needed something that would hold off my hunger but not ruin my appetite for later. I grabbed a couple energy bites and I was good to go.

... Both my babes have colds with runny noses, coughs, and no appetite.  Trying to feed them and use homeopathic remedies has been challenging.   One loves honey, the other does not. BOTH love energy bites.  Done.

.... Heading to a playdate and needed a snack in the car.  Grabbed a few energy bites, put them in the babes' snack bags, no fuss no muss.  

By the numbers, you'll need the following to make these easy, whole ingredient healthy energy bites:

15 - the number of minutes it takes to make this energy snack from start to finish
7 - how many ingredients used to make these sweet, chewy, addicting bites
5  - the number of tools you'll need, from spoon to bowl
2 - how many bites it takes to satisfy your hunger
1 - my favorite reason to make these bites... No Bake!

No-Bake Energy Bites 

1 cup dry old fashioned oats*
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips* (I use mini chips)
1/2 cup peanut butter*
1/2 cup honey (+ 1-2 Tbsp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Dash cinnamon

In a medium bowl, add all ingredients in order and mix well.  Mixture should come together and will be sticky. 

If mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey.

Using a small cookie scoop, scoop each bite and use hands to form into a ball. 

Makes approximately 20 bites.

Store in the fridge in an airtight container.

  • Gluten-free old fashioned oats can be subbed.
  • I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips (they are dairy, egg, and nut free.) 
  • I've used both peanut butter and a combo of peanut and almond butter.  Swapping nut butters should work in this recipe.  

If you enjoyed this recipe, here are some related posts you may like:



This recipe was shared online and is very similar to this energy bite.

Comments