Chocolate Avocado Pudding

I was talking to my brother recently and he shared that he wanted to make some healthy desserts at home.  Of course my wheels were turning because UMMMM... Dessert Lover Over Here!  And 99% of our desserts are homemade. 

I immediately thought of...


But the one dessert that stood out (because my brother loves avocados) is Chocolate Avocado Pudding.  

When I have a few avocados on hand (and lately I've had a bunch due to the price drop of avocados), I love making this dreamy chocolate treat because...

- It has only 5 ingredients 
- The kids LOVE it and I feel good about giving them this healthy treat
- It takes 5 minutes to make
- No refined sugar, no artificial colors, no additives, no dairy!

If you find yourself wanting chocolate and you have some ripe avocados ready to go, I Highly recommend this recipe. 

Chocolate Avocado Pudding

1 1/2 large avocados (or two small), peeled, pitted, and scooped 
1/4 - 1/3 cup cocoa or carob powder
1-2 medjool dates (or 1-2 T maple syrup)
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla
2 - 3 T non-dairy milk

Grab a blender* or food processor and add the ingredients in order. Blend. 

Scrape down sides and continue until completely combined. Taste test* for chocolate level and preferred sweetness. 

Makes approximately 1 cup. 



Note: 

* Size of avocados varies so this recipe was made with wiggle room. I recommend starting with the lower measurements and determining your taste preference after testing.  

* I've used my Vitamix but it's tricky to blend unless I double the recipe. 

* I've tested for freshness/spoilage after making a double batch and storing it in the fridge. I placed the pudding in a bowl, grabbed a large sheet of plastic wrap, pressed the wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding, and covered with a lid. It was delicious the next day. I would recommend serving within 24 hours. 





Comments