Fall Favorites!

I thought summer was busy! Jeez!  This fall has been packed with lots of weeknight meetings and events, so I have been struggling to put healthy dinners on the table, especially when I'm not home.

Fortunately, this cold dreary weather means soups, stews, and slow cookers are on the menu.  Meal planning, meals cooked ahead of time that are easy to warm-up, or meals that practically cook themselves are what I need. I've compiled a short list of some favorites that could help you get your weeknight cooking under control. 


  1. Chicken Tikka Masala - easy slow cooker, warm it up throughout the week with pita or naan. 
  2. Italian Sausage Stew – this is a favorite to put into a thermos for lunch (better the second day).
  3. Slow-Cooker Short Ribs - easy slow cooker dinner on a weeknight.
  4. Sloppy Joes - This one isn’t a slow cooker recipe, but I often make it early in the day on the weekend and put it in the slow cooker on warm all afternoon until we’re ready to eat dinner. I like to make a double batch and they’re very easy to warm up during the week – even my 8 year old can do it and feed himself!
  5. Bean Burgers - Make them ahead of time and warm up one-by-one! 
  6. Hearty Vegann Casserole- This is also an easy one to make on the weekend and warm up as you need it during the week!
  7. Pork Shoulder in the slow cooker – eat it several different ways!
  8. Lentil Soup  - a slow cooker recipe that's a family favorite and great reheat!
  9. Calzones - I will meal-plan this recipe for a Sunday and make a double batch.  I freeze them individually and reheat for easy dinners.
  10. Hearty Tomato Soup - A 30-minute meal that's made with mostly pantry ingredients!  It has beans and pasta, so it can be a stand-alone meal.  Or as a side for leftovers or a salad!

Comments